Specialisations: Women’s fitness, nutrition
Location: Mackay, QLD
“I wanted to empower women and I wanted to wear active wear all day every day!”
1. How long have you been a Qualified Personal Trainer for?
I’ve been a Qualified PT for 4 years!
2. Why did you become a Personal Trainer?
I wanted a career that would give me freedom to evolve and grow as business owner. I wanted a career that helped me achieve my own health goals. I wanted to empower women and I wanted to wear active wear all day every day!
3. What has your career looked like since becoming a Qualified Personal Trainer?
I started out training my friends in my garage until I was confident enough to take on clients. Eventually, I outgrew my garage and leased my own space. I now have an incredible group fitness clientele that turns every training session into a social event! I even train there when I’m not working, so I don’t miss out on anything!
4. What do you love the most about your job?
Meeting so many talented women! I have been fortunate to collaborate on so many projects – nutrition guides, cook books, photography, gym equipment, yoga retreats. It’s amazing how diverse my squad is. I also have two fantastic personal trainers on my team that back me up and make our whole system work!
5. What other qualifications have you obtained since becoming a Personal Trainer?
I’ve completed a certificate in wellness coaching and nutrition.
6. What does a ‘day in the life’ of your job look like?
Up early for my 5 am’ers. Then, a few PT sessions in the morning. I usually finish up around 10 and either do a session myself or have “business” breakfast with the girls. I catch up with the husband for lunch and we hang out until the afternoon. I usually start back around 330 and finish up with my 530 group. In bed by 8 for my beauty sleep!
7. Are you involved in anything else relating to the health and fitness industry/Personal Training?
Absolutely! I am an ambassador for my favourite supplement line, Switch! I also produce training guides and physical fitness products like my Zenband (www.zenband.net)
8. What’s your advice or tip for someone thinking of joining the industry?
Do it! But, along the way, find your voice and find your why. Who is your ideal client and what do you want for them?
9. What is your biggest challenge as a personal trainer?
My never ending compulsion to grow while at the same time remaining grateful for what I already have!