Certificate in Nutrition for Strength Performance
About the course.
This course is designed to teach you fundamental nutritional strategies to improve strength performance. Upon completing this course, you will understand how food influences energy production and availability, the basics of macronutrients and their role in performance and recovery and how to recognise safe dietary protocols and incorporate healthy foods as part of a high-performing and balanced diet.
This course includes strategies and tips to implement effective performance nutrition behaviours and considerations necessary for identifying safe dietary patterns.
*This is a non-accredited course developed for personal use. It is vital only to use the content learned in this course within your registered scope of practice.
What you will learn.
- Science of strength and what it is
- Food first approach, food as fuel – energy systems
- Macronutrients for performance and using food as an ergogenic aid
- Considerations for older adults
- Ballistic exercises vs grind exercises
- Nutrients timings strategies
- Nutrients for recovery and other practical applications
Students have 3 months of online access to complete the course (self-paced).
A combination of online multiple-choice and true/false questions.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion.